Important Information About Your Visit:
By reserving tickets, you agree to the following Health Policy, Visitor Code of Conduct, and Waiver for all members of your group:
Visitor Code of Conduct
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment at the Hands On Children’s Museum and we need your help! We are asking our visitors to partner with us in our COVID-19 wellness efforts. When visiting, you are agreeing to follow our Code of Conduct for all members of your group. This includes wearing a face covering as mandated by the WA Secretary of Health, maintaining proper social distancing (6-feet) from others not in your group, following directional signage, washing hands, and using hand sanitizer or wipes. We appreciate your support in helping us keep our visitors and staff healthy and safe.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is a very contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and visitors with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By reserving tickets you acknowledge that you understand and voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 for all members of your group.
If your party cannot attend at the reserved time, we ask that you cancel or reschedule your reservation at least 24 hours in advance to allow others to utilize your time slot. Refunds are allowed with 24 hours’ notice. An exception to the 24-hour notice requirement may be granted for COVID-related health issues.
What You Need to Know for a Safe Visit
- To ensure a spacious visit, online registration for 2-hour timed sessions is required. Capacity will be capped at 25% of building occupancy to start. Museum admission will pause for 30 minutes between sessions for deep cleaning.
- We’re working with the best Museums in the nation and our own regional Health Advisory Committee to implement health and safety standards to keep families safe. When you purchase tickets be sure to read the new Health Policy, COVID-19 Visitor Waiver, and Visitor Protocols.
- Visitors will be greeted at the new Mary Bridge Healthy Family Entry Station to put on masks, wash hands, and check temperatures. The Secretary of Health is now requiring cloth face coverings for all employees and visitors ages 5 and older. More information and exemptions can be found here.
- Before you hop into your car and head to the museum, please make sure everyone is feeling well. You must be healthy to play.
- Please limit the items you bring into the museum to just the essentials – leave strollers and non-essentials in the car. Lockers are available for $2.
- Our café will be limited to “grab and go” items only. Enjoy your food outside of the museum on the beautiful East Bay Plaza after your visit session is over.
The Museum is Sparking Clean
We’ve been busy cleaning the Museum from top to bottom, refreshing exhibits, removing and replacing props, and installing several new hand washing stations to help keep busy hands clean. You’ll find some exhibit and prop changes to comply with our new cleaning standards. The Museum’s innovative HVAC system keeps air moving at all times and all ducts have been completely cleaned. Windows and roll-up doors will be open all summer to maximize airflow and we’ve added new experiences in the Outdoor Discovery Center for more outdoor play. We’ve also placed colorful decals throughout the Museum to remind family groups to social distance and indicate the maximum number of people in smaller spaces.