The Hands On Children's Museum is Washington's award-winning youth Museum located on Olympia's East Bay waterfront. Our mission is to stimulate curiosity, creativity and critical thinking skills through rich, interactive learning experiences.
Are you looking for fun, fast-paced work in an entertaining, educational environment? All candidates must show a demonstrated commitment to the museum mission and a philosophy of play-based, experiential learning environment. Check out our current job openings below.
Hands On offers paid time off, museum passes, birthday party and café card, medical, dental and pre-tax supplemental insurance, a retirement plan and a scream room!
Applicants who are offered employment must pass a background check as a condition of employment.
Non-Discrimination Policy: Hands On Children's Museum exhibits, education programs and employment are available to all without discrimination.
To learn more about Olympia, visit Experience Olympia.
Early Childhood Education Lead Teacher
Overview of the position:
The Early Learning Lead Teacher is responsible for teaching preschool, school break day camps during non-preschool weeks, and school aged day camps during COVID-related school closures. This position will be responsible for learning, acquiring, and researching new knowledge to inform curriculum and best practices. This position may also act substitute teacher as scheduling allows for Special Mornings of Play, Field Trip Program, and Social Service Partner Programs and is required to support all museum events as scheduling allows. The successful candidate will be someone who can:
- Continually evaluate and improve programming to ensure effective delivery, ensuring the highest quality standards in curriculum.
- Support and advise fellow teachers to help resolve student or classroom environment challenges.
- Follow museum safety and security procedures
- Communicate and work effectively with other team members and museum departments including attending department and all staff meetings.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with families
- Work with Education Department Manager and other education staff to ensure preschool program meets educational goals and are aligned with state early learning and Kindergarten readiness goals.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in ECE, Education or relevant field (WA State Teaching Certificate and/or Master’s degree preferred)
- 1 year in lead teaching role in Early Childhood Education setting such as preschool
- Experience with arts-based curriculum such as Reggio Emilia
- Lead teaching experience in a non-traditional educational setting preferred
- Administrative experience a plus.
- All candidates must show a demonstrated commitment to the museum mission and a philosophy of play-based, experiential learning environment.
Salary & Benefits: Part time-full time. Rate DOE. Benefits include: paid time off, retirement plan, pre-tax supplemental insurance. Medical/Dental/Vision available for full time.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, 3 professional references and a bullet point list noting how your experience and skills match the requirements of the position to email@example.com.
To learn more about Olympia, visit Experience Olympia. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Hands On Children's Museum is committed to the policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our policy to recruit and employ qualified persons on the basis of merit without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, military or honorably discharged veteran status, or any other protected class as set forth under applicable state and federal civil rights laws. Employment decisions will be based on the individual's qualifications to perform the job. This policy of nondiscrimination applies to employment, training, compensation, promotion, transfer and all other conditions of employment.