Applicants who are offered employment must pass a background check as a condition of employment.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to email@example.com, or mail to: Hands On Children's Museum, 414 Jefferson St NE, Olympia, WA 98501.
No phone calls please.
Marketing & Strategic Communications Manager
Our Communications Department is growing! We're looking for an experienced, results-oriented Marketing and Strategic Communications Manager to join our award-winning children's museum. As a key member of the Museum's leadership team, this position will provide strong leadership in conveying the Museum’s identity/mission to its diverse stakeholders w/a focus on audience growth. The successful candidate must be a strategic thinker who is hands-on and can work quickly under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment with a wide range of stakeholders including the general public, members, donors and staff.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop & implement the annual communications plan and budget including advertising campaigns, sales promotions, public relations, media relations, and digital communications to drive admissions, membership, events, exhibits and programs
- Develop and implement marketing strategies, ensure brand management and set vision for creative services in partnership with the Director team
- Manage the daily operations of the communications team including the Communications Project Manager, social & digital media staff, photographers, interns or volunteers as needed
- Monitor admission and membership sales goals, and program sales to ensure attendance targets are met
- Communicate effectively with other departments and community partners to acquire information and effectively promote activities
- Manage public relations and media efforts and foster relationships with media contacts at the local, regional and national level
- Oversee planning/implementation of social media campaigns including managing web communications and social media contractors
- Compile and interpret comprehensive analytics from various sources
- Serve as the public face of the Museum at various community events
- Support the Executive Team by developing a range of digital presentations
- 5+ years marketing/communications experience including 3+ years in management role
- Experience with traditional and emerging trends, technologies and methodologies in communications, marketing, social media, web design, production, etc.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills; experience in art direction desired
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills
- Proven project management skills
- Proven experience managing budgets
- Results-driven, deadline-oriented professional
- Accreditation in APR a plus
The award-winning Hands On Children’s Museum, the largest and most visited children’s museum in Washington State, seeks an experienced, results-oriented, hands on business and accounting professional. The Business Manager is responsible for a broad scope of internal processes including daily management of cash reconciliations, accounts receivable, accounts payable, bank and credit card reconciliations, weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reporting, tracking grants, coordinating the record retention program and providing back-up payroll assistance. This position supports the Business Department in implementing and monitoring internal controls and prepares a variety of statistical and other financial reports as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related experience.
- 3+ years using QuickBooks or other accounting software
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and internal controls.
- Ability to take initiative to solve problems and have good planning and organization skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Ability to make appropriate decisions and to establish and maintain A/P and A/R operating procedures and processes and effectively communicate them to staff.
- Must be able to work independently and to exercise professional judgment.
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Non-profit experience is desired
- Ability to work and succeed in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with multiple and changing priorities while establishing and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records and to learn new programs, processes and technology.
- Excellent computer literacy is required, particularly using spreadsheets, must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook
This is a full-time, professional exempt position with a core schedule of Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. plus occasional evenings and weekends for Museum events.
Salary DOQ. Competitive compensation package includes medical and dental health insurance, 401(k) Plan, PTO and optional AFLAC coverage plans.
To apply for this position, submit cover letter, resume and 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Digital Communications Coordinator
- Provide daily updates to website as well as creating new pages for programs and events
- Conduct regular website audits - working with other departments to update outdated content
- Draft and disseminate weekly e-blasts for museum activities, events & membership renewals
- Assist with managing the social media community across a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest.
- Maintain library of responses to address visitor concerns and questions posted on sites
- Manage social media content and help move that content to social media platforms
- Populate community editorial calendars with event & calendar information
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to engage with museum
- Uses digital marketing channels and techniques to drive attendance to events; integrates digital campaign with physical events presence; manages marketing events calendar
- Collaborate with community partners and sponsors, to expand social media impact
- Track performance of social marketing programs gather data and prepare reports.
- Design email marketing campaigns in collaboration with others
- Proofread emails for clarity, grammar and spelling
- Analyze email marketing campaign performance and suggest improvements
- Assist with projects in support of Museum marketing, communications, and sales initiatives
- Degree in digital marketing or communications, or related field; OR equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of experience in similar position; knowledge of SEO/SEM
- Experience Using Microsoft Office 365 and Office applications like Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience Using Google Analytics, Adobe Products, Social Media Management Tools like HootSuite
- Experience in managing multiple projects
- Familiarity with analytical and database tools
- Excellent written communication, editing and digital skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in fast paced environment
Museum Floor Operations Supervisor
Museum Floor Operations Supervisor for growing children’s museum on beautiful East Bay in Olympia, WA. This new position is responsible for ensuring that the museum patron experience in our indoor and outdoor exhibit galleries is excellent every day. This is an active, on the floor supervisor, ensuring gallery operational procedures and checklists are consistently performed and that staff are immediately directed to highest priority needs. This position will act as Supervisor on Duty for the building two days per week. Directly supervises Gallery Service Leads & Assistants, and supervises custodial staff when Facilities Manager not present. Drafts weekly Gallery Services work schedule for review, reviews staff timecards, and leads gallery staff hiring. Must have 3+ years experience directly supervising staff, excellent communication skills, ability to flex to changing priorities, and an eye for detail. We are looking for a positive, outgoing & professional team leader. Full time, exempt position + benefits. Core schedule Friday-Tuesday (off Wed/Thurs), flexes as needed for holidays, events and programs.
EOE. Please send resume, cover letter and 3 professional references to email@example.com. No phone calls please.