The Play Day Café at the Hands on Children’s Museum has created a new Café Supervisor position. This position will support the Sr. Cafe & Retail Manager by leading daily cafe operations. As one of three key departments making up the museum’s Visitor Services, the Cafe Supervisor will ensure excellent customer service is implemented at all times.
The successful candidate will:
- Directly supervise staff
- Conduct initial screening and interviews for potential new staff
- Conduct daily coaching and routine disciplinary action
- Update and ensure department food handling procedures and practices are adhered to
- Assist with weekly staff scheduling and creates daily meal and rest break schedule
- Assist Manager with research, placing orders, pricing and inventory control
- Oversee cash handling procedures
- Must have 2+ years experience directly supervising staff of 3 or more
- Must be able to stand for extended lengths of time
- Must be able to bend and lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office
- Bachelor of Arts or equivalent work experience
- Experience with When to Work or other scheduling software
- Experience with POS such as Altru
- Current Food Handlers Permit or ServSafe Certified
Core Schedule: 40 hours per week. Schedule flexes with staffing needs
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and 3 professional references. No phone calls, please. We are and Equal Opportunity Employer. Please visit us at www.hocm.org
for more information.
Director of Exhibits & Facilities
This key position reports to the Executive Director and is a member of the Museum’s senior leadership team. The Director of Exhibits and Facilities is responsible for the management of new exhibit projects, care of existing exhibits, and all facets of the museum’s facilities management including life safety and maintenance. The Director will enhance the visitor experience by ensuring high quality exhibits, a well-maintained building and beautiful grounds. The Director will work with the senior team to coordinate daily facility operations including shared responsibilities for custodial staff and facilities technicians. Also maintains relationships with key facility partners including the City, the Port, and LOTT Alliance as well as vendors, contractors and service providers.
The successful candidate will show a commitment to the Museum’s core values, while demonstrating that they are innovative, accountable, and partnership-driven with a desire to learn new things and remain current on trends in exhibits and facilities management. The successful applicant will have applicable director level experience and be detail-oriented, enthusiastic and dedicated about creating a memorable visitor experience.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to email@example.com, or mail to: Hands On Children's Museum, 414 Jefferson St NE, Olympia, WA 98501.
No phone calls please.