Applicants who are offered employment must pass a background check as a condition of employment.
Summer Camp Assistant
Overview of the Position:
1. Assist teachers in teaching day camp.
- Create a welcoming atmosphere for each camper by being friendly, informed, and enthusiastic 100% of the time.
- Employ positive redirection techniques as necessary to assist with classroom management.
- Be a team player.
- Be actively engaged and participating in camp activities 100% of the time.
- Gather and prepare supplies for crafts and experiments with 100% accuracy, set up supplies for crafts/experiments, and clean up after every class.
- Understand customer service expectations, training material, Museum policies.
- Experience working with children in camps or other education settings.
- First Aid/CPR certification & Food handler’s card (may be obtained after employment)
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Ideal candidates have excellent customer service skills and relevant experience in a children’s or other museum, arts, recreation, education or hospitality setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work in a team setting with a high degree of daily communication.
Overview of the Positions:
We are looking for reliable, flexible, positive, and outgoing team members to join our front desk team. Our Front Desk Receptionists will cheerfully greet & interact with visitors, sell memberships and education programs, process admissions and reservations for Museum programs & events.
Qualifications & Experience:
Previously demonstrated excellence in customer service and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment are a must for this fun, front line position. Other requirements include:
- HS diploma required
- Minimum 1-2 years of customer service and cash handling experience
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- Proficient using Microsoft Office
- Experience with Point-of-Sale or retail software and answering phones a plus
Candidates must have weekday and weekend availability. These are part-time positions and hours vary and depend on Museum programming and visitation demands so dependability and flexibility are a must. EOE. No phone calls, please.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, 3 professional references firstname.lastname@example.org.