Dental Health Month
Each February we promote healthy smiles by joining with our dental community to offer free dental screenings right inside the Museum! Kids can pretend to be the dentist in our Puget Sound Dental Office exhibit and meet special guests like Amazon of Olympia, Batman in Seattle, and Tinker Fairy. Fun, engaging activities are offered all month long. Presenting Sponsor, Westside Dental.
- Explore the Puget Sound Dental Office in the Emergency! Gallery, open every day
- Greet Tinker Fairy and take a photo Feb. 18, 12–4 p.m.
- Make tiny teeth necklaces
- See some of the biggest teeth (elephants, mammoths, mastodons)
- Explore maritime mouths (narwhals, whales, sharks & more!)
- Sew a monster mouth or tooth fairy pillow
- Practice drilling for food like moon snails & mollusks
- Use tools to craft your own toothy charms & trinkets
- Meet and get your photo taken with Amazon of Olympia (Captain Carter) Feb. 3, 5–7 p.m. Amazon of Olympia (Wonder Woman) will be here Feb. 11 & 25, 2–4 p.m. Batman in Seattle will also be here on Feb. 25, 2–4 p.m.
- Free Dental Screenings for kids every Saturday in Feb. from 2–4 p.m. & First Friday Night Feb. 3 from 6–8 p.m. Museum admission is also free with your screening. Reservations required. Call (360) 956-0818 ext 0. Screening Sponsor, Small to Tall Pediatric Dentistry.
Thank You to our sponsors and partners!
Presenting Sponsor – Westside Dental
- Dr. Kyle Winter, DDS
- Dr. Jordan Buhr, DMD
Dental Appreciation Partner – Providence
Screening Sponsor – Small to Tall Pediatric Dentistry
- Scott T. Rowley, DMD, MSD
- Benjamin D. Ruder, DDS
- Maureen H. Callender, DDS, MSD
- Aarika D. Anderson Elter, DMD
- Daniel Walsh, DMD, MSD
Check out our Dental Health Month page for more information and a complete list of sponsors.