Martin Luther King Day
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which has the potential to turn a life around.” – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Celebrate kindness & community! Honoring the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. with special art activities and collaborative projects, January 17th.
- Draw inspiration from and celebrate artists of color
- Write letters of kindness to your neighbors
- Silkscreen a peace print
- Learn about Black History STEAM Heroes
- Create faux stained glass art pieces and add them to the collaborative art project
- Play with lights and shadows
- Enjoy a quiet and reflective reading room
- Make a drawing of an important date in MLK’s life and add it to the collaborative timeline project