Field Trips & Group Visits
"The best field trip ever!"
Five reasons to choose a Hands On Field Trip:
- Hands On is consistently voted Best Place to Take Kids in South Puget Sound.
- Our interactive exhibits make learning exciting, engaging, and fun!
- Museum exhibits and programs are designed to support Washington State Learning Standards through dramatic play, investigation & hands-on activities.
- Our Arts & Parts Studio gives every student an opportunity to take home a unique work of art.
- Hands On 2U brings the museum field trip experience to your school or organization.
At the Hands On Children’s Museum, we believe that students learn through experiences as well as experiments. Click for a Virtual Tour of the museum. Or visit our Exhibit Galleries page for more information about our galleries!
Add a Hands On Workshop
Catapult Construction • Thunderbolts, Amps & Volts • Zoom In!
Circuit Scientist • Push Pull • Art Bots • Dr. Science: States of Matter
Field trips at Hands On typically last about 2 hours. Expand your students' hands-on experience by including one of our 25-minute workshops led by a museum educator during your visit.Click here for a printable PDF of our current Field Trip Guide, which includes pricing and workshop information.
|Field Trip & Group Visits
|Admission Rates (10 students min.)
1:5 chaperone/child ratio required, chaperones free
Please Note: Headstart/ECEAP receive 50% off of the group rate.
Add a Hands On Workshop
|Teacher must be present during each Workshop
||24 students max. per Workshop
Add a Lunchroom
|Room only, lunch not provided.
||Up to 24 students
Each add. group of 25 students after 50
|Includes playtime in the entire museum, plus a separate room for food and belongings. (Outdoor Discovery Center not included.)
||100 people max. group size
150 people max.
200 people max.
Field Trip Scholarships
Limited Scholarships for Field Trips may be available for Rural, Military, and Title I schools and students thanks to:
- The Goldberg Family Charitable Foundation
- Robert E. and Adele M. Boydston Foundation
- Dawkins Charitable Trust
- Green Diamond Resource Company
- Port Blakely
- Grays Harbor Community Foundation
- Nisqually Indian Tribe
- TwinStar Credit Union
- Muckleshoot Tribe
Call for more information, call (360) 956-0818 x103 or download a Field Trip Scholarship Application here.