Gold Star Family Support
In Honor of Staff Sgt. Michael H. Simpson
Launched at the 2015 Hands On Imagine That! Breakfast, the Gold Star Military Family Support Program provides a free membership, birthday party, and parenting support to all families who have suffered the loss a loved one while in active duty in the U.S. military.
This program was inspired by previous museum members Krista Simpson Anderson and her two sons, Michael and Gabriel, who are the surviving family members of Staff Sgt. Michael H. Simpson. Michael selflessly gave his life in Afghanistan on May 1, 2013 while serving with the First Special Forces Group of Joint Base Lewis-McChord.
“Hands On was and remains a large contributor to my family’s healing. My hope is for museums to be places of refuge for all Gold Star Families. Children’s museums throughout the Pacific Northwest are helping to honor all of our fallen heroes by making our children’s lives a little brighter.” – Krista Simpson Anderson
The Museum thanks Krista Simpson Anderson & Family and The Unquiet Professional for their support.
- Deluxe Family Membership for the surviving spouse, all children in the household up to age 17 and a grandparent or other designated adult. Gold Star Families can renew this annual membership until children are age 17.
- Two additional guests per visit.
- One FREE basic Birthday Party at the museum each year.
- FREE admission to parent support programs including parenting classes.
- Ten percent discount on Preschool tuition & in Museum Store.
All 23 children’s museums in the Pacific Northwest provide free admission and benefits for Gold Star Families.
To apply for a Gold Star Membership, please contact the front desk at (360) 956-0818 ext. 0.