Key Venue Features
- Hands On is perfect for brides and grooms seeking a fun, whimsical venue.
- The museum is truly family friendly! Have your ceremony in the open air and for your reception, dance to a live band and play in the museum. Perfect for youngsters and the young at heart!
- Looking for a unique location? No problem. Spacious galleries filled with over 150 fun, hands-on exhibits will excite your youngest to oldest guests.
- Exceptional, personalized planning with a dedicated event coordinator.
- Waterfront views of the East Bay and close proximity to Olympia’s downtown hotels, shopping and other attractions.
- Beautiful, eco-friendly, and LEED- and Green Globes-certified building with state-of-the-art sustainable features.
- Kitchen facilities throughout the museum, including refrigerator, freezer, microwave, stove and oven.
- ADA accessibility, including ramps and a centrally located elevator.
- Video screens throughout can display your photo slide show or a thank you for your guests and wedding party.
“Our out-of-town guests were surprised and delighted by the museum. Everyone had so much fun. Really, they’re still talking about it.”
Erin Jefferies, May 2015 wedding client
“The museum was the perfect place for our wedding. Months later, we’re still getting compliments for ‘the most fun wedding.’ HOCM has many amenities that typical wedding venues could never offer. It’s a great value for private events. We looked at many venues in person and corresponded with many more. It was a relief to discover we could afford to have our wedding at the museum. It was not only more affordable, but it felt great to support an amazing, local nonprofit organization instead of a commercial venue.”
Ready to Start Planning Your Wedding?
Call Chantol, our Event Manager, to learn more about costs, check date availability, or schedule a tour today: (360) 956-0818 ext. 164. Or, fill out our Private Event Inquiry Form below.