Masks Optional in the Museum as of March 12
In keeping with state and federal guidelines, face coverings will become optional for all visitors and employees starting March 12. Following State guidelines and the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction, masks will also be optional for preschool and camp students.
Visitors may choose to wear masks for a variety of reasons, and Hands On will support the choice of our visitors and staff to wear or not wear masks while in the building.
Our Healthy Family Protocols Will Continue!
- Limited capacity. Timed admission & pre-registration is required for guaranteed entry; walk-ins are allowed on a space-available basis only
- Hand washing stations provided at entry & throughout the Museum
- Social distancing reminders and decals
- Monitoring of customer flow in the public spaces
- State-of-the-art HVAC system along with open windows and doors, and ceiling fans to ensure constant air circulation
- Extensive cleaning & sanitizing protocols throughout the facility every day, all day long!
To ensure the safety of our visitors and staff, Hands On Children’s Museum requires that anyone entering the facility be free of the following symptoms that are related to the COVID-19 virus including fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea. By reserving tickets, you confirm that all members of your group are not currently experiencing these symptoms and that you will reschedule your visit should any symptoms present themselves before entry. Refunds will be provided as described in our cancellation policy.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is a very contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and visitors with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting the museum, you acknowledge that you understand and voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 for all members of your group.
Please be kind! The Museum is operating at a reduced capacity to protect the health of our visitors. If your party cannot attend within an hour of the reserved time, we ask that you reschedule your reservation to allow others to utilize your time slot. Refunds are allowed with 24 hours’ notice. An exception to the 24-hour notice requirement may be granted for COVID-related health issues.
What You Need to Know for a Safe Visit
- Online registration for timed entry is highly recommended. The Museum will allow limited walk-ins if capacity allows.
- Before you hop into your car and head to the museum, please make sure everyone is feeling well. You must be healthy to play.
- Please limit the items you bring into the museum to just the essentials – leave strollers and non-essentials in the car. Lockers are available for $2.
The Museum is cleaned continuously throughout the day and props are rotated every few hours. We have several hand washing stations to help keep busy hands clean. The Museum’s innovative HVAC system keeps air moving at all times and all ducts have been completely cleaned. Windows and roll-up doors will be open to maximize airflow and we’ve added new experiences in the Outdoor Discovery Center for more outdoor play.