Become a Volunteer or Intern
- Volunteer positions starting at age 13 for a variety of interests and skill levels
- Opportunities to gain valuable experience to include on your resume
- Opportunities for individuals, groups and school classes
- Special project opportunities
- School credit for community service
- Formal internships for both high school and college students
- Volunteer opportunities for working and retired professionals
Ready to volunteer? Follow these steps:
2. Print and sign the application and background check form. Parent/Guardian signature is required for minor applicants.
3. Scan the documents and email to the Volunteer Coordinator at volunteers(at)hocm.org. Photos of the documents can be accepted in lieu of scanning. One photo per sheet, please.
4. In your email, please include the best day of the week and time of day you are available for a phone screen from the volunteer coordinator in the event your application and background check are approved.
5. Please remember that volunteer placement is a selective process and not all participants are accepted into the program. The Museum reserves the right to place volunteers in the area staff feels is best suited to the applicant’s skills and the needs of the Museum.
We are currently recruiting for regular volunteers for the following positions:
- Activity Prep Assistant
- Art Studio Volunteer
- Special Community Events Volunteer
- Education Evening Programs Assistant
- Museum Store
- Preschool Assistant
- Face Painters
Please remember that volunteer placement is a selective process and not all applicants may be accepted into the program. The museum reserves the right to place volunteers in the area staff feels is best suited to the applicant's skills and the needs of the museum.